Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why Silence is Not Always Golden

specifically when it comes to a 2 year old.

I was changing Nate's diaper (all he does is eat, sleep, and poop, you know) and Audrey had been playing in her room when all of a sudden I realized it was quiet. Too quiet. The quiet that only comes when one of your children has gotten into something and they don't want you to know.

So first I checked in her room. No Audrey. Checked Nate's room and the bathroom. Nothing there. I make my way down the stairs and still don't see her. There's not many places left that she could be. I look over to the couch and there she is, crouched over something.

Uh-oh. This can't be good.

I said, "What are you up to?" She jumps and the object goes flying out of her hand. It turned out to be a Starburst, more specifically of the Halloween kind. This prompts me to look over in the kitchen and sure enough, she had pulled a kitchen chair over to the counter and gotten into the bowl.

One thing's for sure, I didn't teach her that!

1 comment:

mom said...

Julia, I love your daily postings! It seems that I am lucky if I can post something once a week. This one struck home for me... I am often more terrified of silence that utter chaos. I cannot even begin to tell you some of the sights I have encountered when searching for the cause behind the silence. Luckily, it was just candy.