Friday, November 7, 2008

Time Out

of a good kind. This time, it was for me!

I love Fridays in that Ammon doesn't have to work. He does the four 10-hour days in order to get a three-day weekend and prefers it that way. So after four long days, he's home and I don't have to wrangle the kids all by myself. Hooray!

Today I had my 6 week checkup with the doctor and all went well there. I took Nate with me because Ammon gets nervous having to keep him happy while keeping Audrey in check at the same time. Plus there's the whole breastfed baby part. (I can leave him some milk in a bottle but it never seems to be enough for this boy. He's got a big appetite.)

So after my checkup, I headed to Costco to do some stocking up, and thankfully Nate was actually content in his carseat the whole time. He hasn't been liking it lately. A couple hours later, I went back out with my mom to check out some going out of business sales (nothing worth buying) and scoring a fantastic deal on chicken. My freezer is going to be full! Then I got one more trip to the store for some last-minute items I had forgotten earlier. It was really nice to get out of the house, even if it was only to the store and back.

Each time I went out I would get a call from Ammon asking me how much longer I would be out. He has a hard time taking care of both kids at once, which I find funny because I do it 24/7. Oh well, that's why I'm the mommy!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

HAHA it's good for him!!! I think you should do it more often!!

Safire said...

I love those days! Isn't it fun to have a schedule where they are flexible with the schedule and then you can have a day? And your hubby sounds like mine, a little nervous to stay with all the kids, but willing and happy when you get home. :)

mom said...

It's nice to feel productive (and normal again) after having a child. Way to go Julia. Now you need a day of pampering (perhaps just a trip to the Salon). If I lived closer, I would offer to babysit.