Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Snow!

"snow! Christmas is coming!" was Audrey's reply when I told her to look out the window.

I think I can get used to that. It's a heck of a lot better than hearing "Halloween is coming. It's spooky." at least 5 times a day. But let's get to Thanksgiving first. Then I can bust out the decorations and music to my heart's content. Nights of hot chocolate and watching White Christmas sound appealing. So does getting sleep at night. But I don't think I can ask Santa for that.

Today we also went to a playgroup at my friend Amanda's house. She has a little girl Audrey's age and the playgroup consisted of other children from her ward, so I thought it would be fun and get us out of the house for a bit. (During a snowstorm. So intelligent on my part.) Apparently Audrey didn't get the same memo. Aside from snacktime (of course it involved food) she sulked the rest of the time and finally I had to put her in the corner because she was just being a little pill. Once the other kids left though, she was just fine playing with Anna.

If she's this headstrong now, I am in such trouble when she hits the teen years.

2 comments:

mom said...

So adorable!! On Saturday (November 1st), I turned on Kozy 106.5 on our way down to Provo since it is the ONLY station I know that makes it for the entire drive. But they were playing continuous Christmas music... I thought I was going to go nuts after the 4th or 5th song.

I think it is best to take one holiday at a time. Just wait until Audrey ALWAYS talks about her birthday.

Tristie hearts Dax said...

kids that age are SO hard to work with sometimes and so unpredictable. It should get better. what a good mom you are! and congrats on your new one!