I hate being stuck inside all day, but I also don't want to drag myself and two kids outdoors when the weather is steadily dropping into winter temperatures. We've already experienced having miserable colds over the last few weeks, and I do NOT want to go through that again with an infant and cranky toddler. Sad to say I've got the nose sucking bit down to a science.
In fact, Ammon and I were supposed to give talks in church this last Sunday, but he was down with the cold this time so we were unable to go. (And for those of you who know me really well, you'll know that I wasn't all that disappointed in missing an opportunity to speak in public.) I'm starting to wonder if the ward thinks we're going inactive because we haven't been very much lately.
Hello, it's called having a baby. As nice as it is to fit back into my good Sunday clothes again instead of having to wear the same maternity outfit every week, it also requires a great deal of effort to make it there, especially at 9:00 in the morning. And then we send Audrey off to nursery where she picks up a runny nose and infects the rest of us during the week, thereby making us homebound for two weeks after. This is also the reason why I decided to postpone Nate's blessing until after the bulk of the winter so we can at least avoid getting sick or passing it around.
So it's not a bad thing to be a hermit. It's just not fun to be a hermit with nothing else to do but watch a lot of movies. I need to get more creative with Audrey so that the TV isn't on for consecutive hours during the day and that she doesn't throw fits when I tell her she can't watch a movie. But it's hard to think of fun things to do when I'm working on 4-5 hours of sleep at night.
being a stay at home mom
9 years ago
1 comment:
I hear you Julia. Whenever it gets frustrating, remember that I fly solo on the weekends. Due to the fact that I am the nursery leader, we rarely miss a Sunday. I have to admit that we do not always sit the ENTIRE way through Sacrament (since it is last) because Preston has a difficult time falling asleep in the chapel.
I am proud of my children because they have finally figured out that they just have to sit and be quiet during the Sacrament. Of course, I have the kids that are busy looking at books or coloring, but I know they learn things because I hear Aubrey repeat it.
For the mom, I think you end up just going through the motions. I hate Sundays most of the time because the mornings are spent getting ready for church, then you go off to church, and the afternoons are spent recovering from church. Just be grateful for Ammon!!!
Post a Comment