Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2: Halloween recap

We had a rather quiet Halloween around here. Ammon stayed home and handed out candy to all two people who showed up, while I took Audrey to a few houses here in our little neighborhood (we don't know many people here yet so I only took her to familiar houses) and then we drove up to my parents' neighborhood and went to a few more homes up there. Everyone loved her costume and one lady asked to take her picture. She was very good and said thank you for her candy too. Honestly, how much candy does a 2 year old really need? Especially my 2 year old.

Which brings us to another oh-so-fun topic: toddler on a food strike. Audrey has pretty much refused to eat anything solid as of late, unless it involves something sweet. She'll constantly ask for juice or milk, which I will give her as long as she eats something else with it. If she fills up on liquids all day, then she won't want anything else. I don't think I'm being a horrible mom when I tell her no, she can't have a certain item. It's not as if I'm starving her. I give her choices and if she refuses, then that's how it is. I will not become a short order cook or give into her tantrums either.

Remind me to take more pictures of Nate. I've been slacking.

No comments: