Friday, November 4, 2011

In Which I Go to School

Does anyone else have those random dreams where you find yourself back in high school but you're not high school age, you're at your current age and point in life but for some reason, you're stuck wandering the halls of your old high school?

Yeah, me neither.

Thankfully, this post has nothing to do with random dreams or high school. It does, however, have everything to do with elementary school. Just not the one I went to.

No, today I went and volunteered at my daughter's school. I'm still slightly in denial that I have a child old enough to be in kindergarten, but I do and there's no stopping that. Anyway, she's been telling her teacher and all her classmates all week that I was coming in. What I was going to be doing, I had no idea, but it would be a fun peek into her school hours.

I was a little nervous that we'd have the shut-down mode because whenever I'm around Audrey in anything that resembles a social setting, that's what happens. Not so today. (Hooray!) Her teacher (who is just darling and awesome) had me file the kids' papers into their portfolios. I had my back to the class and Audrey and her friends kept doing whatever they were doing at the time. Some of them came up and said hello, or just wandered around the vicinity. It was pretty funny.

They all gave me a big "thank you!" when the teacher told them how I was helping, and I finished up the rest of the filing.

Most of all, I love seeing Audrey create stuff like this:

No comments: