Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In Which I Get Schooled

Today was my day to volunteer in Audrey's classroom (again), but this time it was much more hands on. Normally there's two volunteers in the class, but the other lady had brought her husband along, so there were three of us and I was pretty much the third wheel. I was asked to walk around and make sure the kids weren't wandering around after finishing their projects. Some of the kids ran right up and started chatting with me and the rest just ignored me.

I forget that not all 5 year olds are like my 5 year old. She knows my sense of humor and jokes while these other kids do not. A lot of them looked at me like I had two heads when I spoke. One boy misheard me when I said I didn't know where the masking tape was and said, "You don't know what tape is?" Then we had some silly escapades involving colored macaroni and that plastic boondoggle thread stuff (if there's an official name for it, I have no idea).

They sure are cute kids, though. I love to see how much Audrey has learned in such a short amount of time.

No comments: