Sunday, November 21, 2010

In Which We Have Five-Minute Church

Well, we really did get a lot of snow! I'm guessing it was about 12 inches. In any case, it was heavy, wet, and a huge pain to shovel. I did the driveway all by myself, and thankfully a neighbor stepped in with his snowblower at the end and saved my back.


With Ammon still getting over his cold, we were a little late to church this afternoon, but we needed to be there in order to teach our Primary class. When we got there, we noticed it was oddly quiet and the parking lot was rather empty. We're the last ward to meet, but the other ward before us should have been getting ready to go home at that point. Something strange was going on here...

Upon reaching the foyer, we got our answer. The snow storm had knocked out the power to the building, and the generator was only able to light up one side. But no heat. So we were only meeting for Sacrament Meeting and then going home. This was a little rough cause we had built up going to Primary and Nursery for the kids and now we had to turn around and go back home. (Yes, I do look forward to those two hours when they're playing and learning and I don't have to keep an eagle eye on them.)

And they looked so cute for church today too...

No comments: