Thursday, November 18, 2010

In Which There is Much Noise

It started early in the morning, as usual.

The before dawn noise was somewhat hard to ignore, especially when the Boy had his mouth at the bottom of the door, calling, "Julia... Julia!" I had no idea the kid even knew my first name. I tried to go back to sleep, but every time I came close to that falling off point, he'd start talking again.

Then Audrey came in the room, and laid practically on top of me. Ugh. Nothing says good morning like a bony elbow in your back. Since I was not ready to wake up, I ignored it and rolled over.

What seemed like a few seconds later (but was probably more like 20 minutes) she was at it again and asking to open up Nathan's door. This is akin to letting the bull out of its pen.

I conceded and thus our day began. Things got switched up a bit when Audrey had a friend come over mid-morning to play. They were bouncy and giggly and just being girly girls. It was cute to watch and listen to their commentary to Princess and the Frog.

Poor little boy felt like the third wheel. It'll be good when he's old enough to have friends too.

After Audrey came home from preschool I tried to keep the TV off so it wasn't just movie after movie today. It was cold and windy outside, otherwise I would have entertained the playground as an option. So as a result, the kids opted to making their own sound effects. It got loud and crazy.

And now, I am happy for the quiet that bedtime brings.

And sad that it's going to start all over again in just a few hours.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Thank you again for watching her! She had a great time and has asked almost everyday since when they can play again!