Monday, November 15, 2010

In Which the Chaos Begins

When we bought our house, everything was pretty much finished except for the storage area, and one other area on the "main floor" (off the family room and next to the laundry room) meant to be a bathroom.

For the last year, the unfinished bathroom has acted like another storage area, but with the potty training of the Boy looming on the horizon, I do not want to be running up and down two flights of stairs trying to avoid accidents. I don't care if it's considered cardio, I still don't want to do it.

So after months of putting it off, I finally found a reliable plumber in the area and got him started after getting a very decent quote for the work. He had to do a few things to get us ready for a working bathroom, such as moving pipes and drains:
But now there's a bathtub in its place! (Pictures of that to come later; it's currently covered with a cardboard protector.)

We will also have a tub and sink installed eventually:
The rest of the work (sheetrock, tiling, etc.) is going to take some time (mainly to pay for it) but I'm excited to have a new bathroom to create!

(Cleaning another bathroom? Not so much.)

No comments: