to my breath of fresh air each month known as Book Club.
Ohh, how I look forward to this night each month. It is my night. The night where I can spend time in the company of other ladies who are just as much of avid readers as I am. One month I had to bring my kids along to book club and let me just say, it was not as enjoyable for me, even if the kids were trying to be all cute. (I deal with "the cute" every day, and after a while, it just isn't.)
Although, I have to say, when I first moved into the neighborhood and started going to book club, I was intimidated. I thought I had read a lot in my life, but some of these ladies have left me in the dust with the sheer amount and diverse topics they have read.
In the last year and a half, I have read many books that I would have never given a second thought to. I have read more books in the last year just because I wanted to. My mother once feared I would never read the classics, because at 13 years old, I was somewhat obsessed with The Babysitters Club. (I think a lot of us went through a similar phase, right?)
In this year alone, I have read three Elizabeth Gaskell novels: North and South, Wives and Daughters, and Cranford. (Yes, I love the miniseries adaptations too.)
So thank you book club, for reawakening my love of reading!
being a stay at home mom
9 years ago
1 comment:
I was just coming to check on you!!! So far so good! Last night was very fun! I know I talk too much, but I get around funny ladies and I just can't help it! Laughing is good for the abdominal muscles! So funny!
Post a Comment