Monday, November 22, 2010

In Which I Come Home to a Cheerful Little Miscreant

The kids have each inherited a different part of my comedy. Audrey has picked up the randomness and inappropriate laughter (it's a nervous habit). Nathan has picked up the physical humor.

This afternoon as I got home from work, I was greeted by a happy little boy who happily announced "I'm glad you're home, daddy. It's good to see you!" (repeated twice, for good measure).

Both of the kids seemed to be in good moods, so I suggested Audrey ask her mom if they could go get the mail together and Nathan and I would start dinner. Audrey quickly got her boots and coat on, grabbed my keys and pulled her mom out the door.

Nathan and I put together a quick dinner of hot dogs, grapes, rolls and cheese before Audrey and Julia got back. Julia went upstairs for a minute and Audrey started putting her coat and boots away. Nathan walked over to Audrey and looked back at me with a mischievous grin. In one fluid motion, Nathan pushed Audrey into the closet, closed the door and ran into the kitchen giggling as his sister shrieked and pounded on the door asking to be let out.

That's my boy.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's HILARIOUS!!!!