I knew the kids' dentist appointment was coming up (right after Halloween. Smart, huh?) and I was so sure that it was going to be this big traumatic nightmare, so I just knew I'd have something to say about it.
But my kids proved me wrong.
Either that, or the dentist was just that good.
There was no trauma to be found on our first visit to the new dentist. The merry-go-round in the waiting room helped, as did the large room of toys. Both Audrey and Nate waited quite patiently, no fits or tantrums thrown. For a moment, I had the fleeting thought, "Are these really my kids?"
The dentist came in (who is probably younger than I am) and chatted with us for a moment, found out he also went to Utah State (yay Aggies!), then got his helpers to take the kids back to their chairs. They totally catered to Audrey's princess obsession and let her choose a movie to watch while they got her settled. Most of her conversation was "I have that movie at home," or "I like that movie." (Yes, we are such movie junkies at our house. We are the extended family Redbox, it's that bad.) I stayed with Nate since he was mostly intent on throwing himself off the exam chair.
He flailed a little bit when they started brushing his teeth, but once he got control of the toothbrush, it was all good.
Audrey chose Monsters Inc (since we don't have that one at home, shocking!) and just chilled in her chair.Everything looked great, aside from the mouthful of teeth they both have. There is hardly any space between their teeth. The dentist had a difficult time getting the floss in. There's a chance they'll have to have teeth pulled out later to make room for permanent ones (Thank you Ammon, Mr. I-had-nine-teeth-pulled-out-as-a-kid), but hopefully it won't lead to more problems.
So there you have it, our non-traumatic story of going to the dentist.
(are you sure these are my kids?)
1 comment:
Yay for good dentists and good kids at the dentist. :) Butterfly STILL has big spaces between her teeth. Seriously, no need to floss because they just don't touch. Interesting to see what kids have in their mouths!
Post a Comment