Sunday, November 29, 2009

In Which We Start the Celebrating

Tonight I had the opportunity to participate in our stake's Christmas Celebration. Apparently they hold this concert at the end of November so there's no conflict with family and other church events during December. I thought it was a great way to start the season off right.

I also forgot how much I missed being in a choir. My years of being in the Institute Choir in Logan came flooding back to me as we prepared the songs for the evening. While I don't have enough courage (or a strong enough voice) to sing on my own, I always feel at home within a good choir. My brother, sister-in-law, and their oldest daughter were also in the choir, so it was fun to sing along with them too.

After we got home, we got a phone call from Ammon's parents saying his siblings were on their way back home and they wanted to stop by. According to his sister, they had a "buttload" of presents from Grandma and Grandpa that they needed to bring to us.

One of the "Open Me Now!" gifts was this:

Audrey was THRILLED and immediately started playing with each character. I held up the baby and asked her who it was. "It's Baby Jesus!"

She circled all of the animals and the Wise Men around to see the baby. This will be a fun year to act out the Christmas story for her.

2 comments:

Safire said...

We love this toy! :)

mom said...

We absolutely LOVE this one. Aubrey can now tell US the Christmas story using these little guys. It's even more fun hearing her wording...I want to hear back on this one!