Thursday, November 12, 2009

In Which We Have Too Much Whining

so much, that I don't really want to relive it...

Some days, in order to get Audrey to behave, I will bribe her (yes, you heard me, bribe) with the opportunity to go to the store with me. I'm not saying that I buy her something when we do go out but if I do, it's an occasional thing from the dollar aisle.

I tried to do it this morning so long as she would clean up her toys without whining so I could work. She didn't and made things very difficult. I waited until she calmed down to actually make my shopping trip, since I had a few stops and shuttling her in and out of the car made it that much longer.

On our way to the library, she said, "Mom, I'm going to sleep in the car, cause that's what kids do."

Riiight. Tired kid + lots of stops = utter mayhem.

Honestly, I should have taken her back home at this point cause it was only going to spell trouble for me.

And it did. A fit at the library. A fit at the grocery store. A fit at the drive thru getting lunch for daddy. She had already eaten, but she was screaming at me "I'M HUNGRY!" from the back seat. Now had she asked nicely, I might have gotten her something. But you know me, I don't cave.

We finally get home, and she's dozing off in her seat for real this time. I get her up to her room, all while she's proclaiming, "I'm not tired!" and "I have to wear my jammies!" I just closed the door and walked away. Some days, that's all I can do.

(Nate stayed home with daddy through all of this and was kindly taking his nap. I'm glad I don't have to complain about him right now.)

No comments: