Nathan was in one of his moods (I'm not sure what happened at home; I had to be at church early for a YW meeting) and he was already sulking by the time I sat down with everyone. He refused to sit quietly, complained when I tried to give him something to read, etc. Some days are definitely better than others. Sam was just being his adorable self, getting into my bag and hunting down any fruit snacks he could find, while Audrey was pretty content to sit and draw.
So Ammon gets up to speak and I did the best I could to listen (which is a feat with three attention-seeking children). He finished up and the bishop got up to conclude the meeting.
Somewhere in the middle of the bishop's talk, Nathan moved to sit and play on the floor between the our pew and the one in front of us. Normally this isn't an issue. Sam was standing on the bench, flirting with the family behind us and bugging his sister. Then he caught sight of Nathan below him.
Here's where it all went crazy.
In what seemed like a slow-motion wrestling move, Sam leaped from his spot to pounce on his unsuspecting brother. Nathan went flying into the back of the pew, bonking his head on the hymnal holder and having a 25 lb. baby land on top of him. Sam was just as shocked and they both cried out at the same time. The two families surrounding us tried to reach over and help me untangle the boys, but neither of them would have any of it. I grabbed Sam and got him calmed down, but Nathan scooted away into the corner and didn't budge until the meeting was over.
I glanced in Ammon's direction up on the stand and he was trying hard not to laugh. I almost lost it myself (once I knew the boys were both unharmed).
We thought it would be funny to get Sam to wrestle with Nathan now and then. But really, how do you teach a 15-month-old that there's a time and place for that and church isn't it?
1 comment:
Hysterical!
Post a Comment