Friday, November 1, 2013

The return of NaBloPoMo!

It has been way too long since I tried to blog. And there's been many reasons for it: slight laziness, not enough time to sit at the computer to do it, (I'm trying this out from the Blogger app on the iPad) and most of all, three little children constantly asking for attention.

Well, only one of those needs constant attention. His name is Samuel and I swear he's going to find every hypothetical cliff in our house and throw himself from it, while yelling "look at me!"



See? Once he scaled the table, he's never looked back.

So expect a month full of his antics. There will be appearances from the other kids too, but because Audrey's in school all day and Nathan has preschool three days a week, there aren't quite as many pictures of them.

But now to start off this month the right way: a recap of Halloween 2013!


Audrey was the cutest pink cowgirl princess, Nathan was once again a ninja turtle (Leonardo this year) and Sam fit perfectly into Nate's old monkey costume. I wore my old Ruby Moon costume from my cosplaying days, but everyone just assumed I was a fairy. (Much easier to explain.)

This year, Audrey begged to go off with her friends, and since they had several adults with them, I was okay with it. (My baby girl is 7! Not ready for this at all!) She went one direction and I headed the other way with Nathan at my side and Sam in the stroller. It was overcast and a little chilly, but still great weather for trick-or-treating.

Nathan started out by saying he wanted to go everywhere and "get candy for five hours" but after just one hour, he was ready to be done and go home. He did pretty well for a five year old. Sam had had it about the same time too. He's still getting into the whole spirit of Halloween, but was thrilled any time someone handed him a piece of candy.


I kept telling Nathan we needed to sort through his haul, but he was too excited to sit down and do it.


Audrey didn't come home for at least another hour and she probably got twice as much candy as Nathan did. She worked hard for it!


We're up to our ears in candy here. I'll have to get creative with it. (Pinterest, here I come!)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sweet! I am glad you are blogging again. Check it from time to time so this was a nice surprise - especially with all the cute pics added.