When I picked Audrey up from school today, she looked rather upset. She sadly replied that she had had a fight with one of her friends. So, on the way home I thought about how I could cheer her up. I ran inside the house, grabbed a coupon off the fridge, and whisked her off to Arctic Circle for an ice cream cone.
Because ice cream makes everything better.
And apparently, so do indoor playgrounds.
I know this won't be the last fight she'll have with a friend, nor do I want her to associate eating ice cream with feeling sad (that just takes us to a whole 'nother level of emotions we don't need to explore right now), but I want her to experience being happy for as long as I can give it to her. It was nice to sit down and just ask her questions about her day and how she was feeling.
It's something I need to do more often before she decides she's too old for it.


No comments:
Post a Comment