Except I've got a new problem. Normally Ammon would take the kids home while I stayed to practice after church, but now he's not only the membership clerk for our ward, but he's also taken on the financial clerk duties as well. That calling is much more time intensive than the first, and it's typically done directly after church is over.
Right at the same time choir practice starts.
Sure, I could give it up and just take the kids home on time, but I kinda need this. I love being mom, but I also need a chance to be me. Sometimes the me inside gets forgotten, and this is one of the few things that I love and make me who I am.
So I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to make this work because trying to get three little kids to sit in the chapel while I'm practicing didn't work. I can depend on Audrey to do many things for me, but trying to wrangle two crazy little boys is just too much for her. (Some days it's too much for me.)
Today, however, I think I may have found the solution.
My church calling is to work with the 12-13 year olds in Young Women. I teach their class nearly every week and go to weekly activities as well. I adore these girls and love getting to know them better. So today, I asked one of them if she would be willing to stay after church with me to watch the kids while I got to practice with the choir. She thankfully agreed and followed me to the chapel as soon as church was over.
I wish I had had this idea sooner, because it worked out perfectly! Aside from one stinky diaper, I got to sing uninterrupted and I had someone I trusted watching the kids. Now I can sing to my heart's content without having to worry.
1 comment:
Awesome! Glad you get to sing! We were watching a devotional from Utah State in Logan and the choir sang which reminded me of you - didn't you sing in that choir when you went to school in Logan?
Post a Comment