Thursday, April 30, 2009

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa

Well, for our anniversary this year, we decided to take a little family trip since anything extravagant is really out of the question right now. Getting away for a few days was also ideal because of our issues with the neighbors (which is another very long story that I won't waste space on here). So we packed up the kids and half of the apartment in the car and headed off to Rexburg to visit Grandma and Grandpa.

This was our first trip back there since 2007 (after all, we moved last summer and Nate joined us shortly thereafter) so we were interested to see what two kids would do on a 4 hour drive. Surprisingly, they both did very well!

When we got to grandma and grandpa's house, Audrey promptly ran away in terror from the two dogs. One is a rat terrier and the other is a chihuahua, so they weren't exactly fear-inducing dogs. Audrey's just going through this really interesting 'afraid of everything' stage, which also included a teddy bear blanket in the dogs' bed. Don't ask me where the fear of that came from cause I have no idea.

The next two days involved a lot of playing for Audrey and Nate, and they really really enjoyed themselves. I think Grandma and Grandpa did too.




Audrey made sure Uncle Zach got in his share too.

Ammon and I took a few hours to wander around Rexburg, him having grown up there and I spent a few years for college there. Lots of things have changed since we left, but there were a few real gems that brought back a lot of memories. (I'm still mad about Craigo's not making their awesome cheese breadsticks anymore. Bad move on their part.)

Nate decided this was a great time to have a tooth pop through too! Now we're just waiting on the other top one. Hopefully this will relieve a lot of his discomfort.

But when it was time to come home, Audrey protested a great deal before we left. Being almost three is a hard place to be.

2 comments:

Safire said...

*gasp* No more cheesie sticks?! I'm crushed!

PS- We TOTALLY have to get together while I'm in Utah. I'll be in touch. :)

mom said...

I'm so jealous!! At least you got to make plans to go somewhere. Dave and I are celebrating 10 years (yes, I said ten) on May 12th. Due to the move, the new baby, etc., we didn't feel comfortable making any sort of plans (even for a day trip).

Preston's 2nd birthday is tomorrow, and again, we also avoided making any sort of BIG plans due to all of the stuff going on in our lives right now.

We did, however, sort-of keep with the 10th anniversary gift theme, and we purchased all new stainless steel appliances for our new house. I hope I end up enjoying them (and not feeling like killing the kids every time I have to wipe down fingerprints).

Congratulations guys! That looked like a really fun trip...