Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I've been busy this last week with some projects for work, but I just had to share the pictures from Audrey's party. So here we go!

The decor:
Audrey wanted a princess party, so that was pretty easy. I got the tablecloth, plates, and napkins from the local party store, and made the tissue paper decorations using this tutorial.

The cake:
I'm actually pretty proud of this cake. All of Audrey's birthday cakes up til now have been store-bought for various reasons (I was pregnant, we moved the last two years...) and I've always wanted to try making her cake. I took one short cake decorating class from a neighbor last year and thankfully, I remembered what I learned. That, and I watched a lot of Cake Boss during the week. I made the frosting from scratch, tinted it pink, and flavored it with raspberry extract. It was time-consuming, but so much fun. I hope I can do it just as well for future birthdays.

The party and presents:
We had my parents (mimi and papa) and my brother and his kids (my SIL had her baby the day before) come over for a little bit. Audrey loves her cousins, and we love living so close to each other.

Mimi and papa gave her a My Little Pony game for the Nintendo DS. As you can see, she was really excited about that one. Her cousins gave her a cute little stuffed poodle who immediately joined the On the Bed entourage. We (mom and dad) gave her some accessories for her doll house, a storybook, a My Little Pony... and this:

(Helmet and knee pads came from Grandma and Grandpa.) She's been asking for the scooter for months, and I just kept telling her to save up her money. :)

She's already ridden it down to the park and back.

2 comments:

Safire said...

What a fun party! And that cake looks very tasty!

Ashley said...

The cake turned out great. Camille got that same scooter for her birthday and she loves it!