I thought the snow would be over by now, but it's still trying to stick around. (Good for the snowpack, bad for cabin fever!) A little bit of spring is determined to make an appearance, however:

Easter was coupled with General Conference this year, which made for some amazing talks about the life, ministry, and Atonement of the Savior. From what I heard over the shrieks of my children, I also heard some good things about being a mother too. I can feel the Spirit in our home, even with small children about -- as long as I don't lose my temper with them. (Sad to say, that happens a lot.) So I'm going to try harder to keep my temper.
Ammon's family also came over, so I got to make all sorts of yummy things to eat: french dips, panguitch potatoes, garden salad, strawberry shortcake, and dirt 'n worms for the kids. Needless to say I was exhausted by the end of the day after all of that.

After the food, we put on an Easter egg hunt for the kids. By this time, most of the snow had melted in the backyard. Yay! This was Nathan's first hunt, and he had a blast.


Checking out the spoils from the hunt!

When all of the men left for the Priesthood session, we set up the egg dying kits for the kids. I hate hard boiled eggs personally, so I don't know if this will become a tradition or not. Gag. Once Audrey got over her initial icky factor of dropping the eggs into the dye, she went to town. The majority of her eggs were pink. Of course.

It was a beautiful Easter Sunday morning, even if it snowed again during the night. The kids found their baskets and promptly squealed again over their contents.

Audrey got a princess book, easter socks, some candy, bracelets and other dress-up jewelry, and a My Little Pony, which she carried around for the rest of the day.

Nathan also got some candy and some easter socks, to which he immediately said "socks. on." He also got a book with puppies in it ("it's a puppy. ooof, ooof!") and a couple of die-cast cars ("rrr, rrr, rrr, rrr!") Every egg was "a ball" and he took them to whoever was closest and demanded them to be opened.
It was a lovely Easter weekend, sealed with wonderful words from the prophet. How blessed we are!
But it could have been a little bit warmer.
1 comment:
Sounds like an amazing Easter. :) Even with the snow.
Post a Comment