Audrey insisted on the pink chair and chose to watch a Care Bears movie (alas, there were no princess movies available). No wonder I can never get her bangs straight when I try to do it! The stylist finished up the cut and put her hair into two messy buns:
Our next stop was the "food store," a.k.a Chick-fil-a. She loves this place, and I do too. The food tastes really good, and I've never experienced such friendly and awesome customer service anywhere else. Being a picky eater at home, I was amazed to see her eat every single bite of her meal -- and that was before drinking the milk!
We had an interesting moment while we ate. A lady came up to her and commented on how cute her hair was, but Audrey didn't even dare look at her or say a word. The lady noticed this and said, "oh, I know you're not supposed to talk to strangers." Ironic, because this subject has been coming up between Audrey and me whenever we go out somewhere. If she sees another person, she asks me who they are and what they're doing/where they're going. I finally had to tell her those people were strangers to me and I didn't know them. She's starting to understand it because she will then tell me, "but my family isn't strangers. They like me."
So back to the rest of our day. Audrey was gearing up to go play in the big play area, but I gave her a choice: she could go play, or she could go to the ice cream store.
No hesitation there. Off to the ice cream store we went!
After staring at all the available flavors, she picked one out. Strawberry, because it was pink. I had it put on a cone which she had never had before, only a cup.
I showed her she could eat the cone after all the ice cream was gone, and she got SO excited.
I think the best part of the whole day was watching her enjoy each moment. If she wasn't eating, she was peppering me with questions. She was giggling and being silly on the way home in the car (until her balloon popped). I can't believe how fast she's growing up.
4 comments:
Super cute hair cut! I love the bangs. :) We loved Cookie Cutters too. The stylist did such a good job with Avery. I was way impressed! Glad you had a fun little date.
I love that hair cut store! We cut my kids hair there when we visit my mom.
And what a fun girls day out! :)
she is so cute! i cant believe how big she is getting!
She is so adorable. I love keeping up with your kids, Poppy. <3
(And now I can finally comment since I'm on blogspot!!!)
Post a Comment