Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day

This Mother's Day started out quite interesting. Since we're due to close on our house in two weeks, I didn't ask nor expect anything grandiose, and that was fine by me. I did buy a new outfit for church during our trip to Rexburg, so I considered that my gift. Ammon has it hard anyway with our anniversary in April, Mother's Day in May, and my birthday in June, so I try not to be too difficult. ^_^

The interesting part was this. Last week I received an email from the RS presidency stating someone in our ward had a confirmed case of swine flu. (o_O) Not wanting to expose our family to any sort of contagion, we made the decision not to attend our ward. It was a good thing too, because the nursery leader called us Sunday morning and said Nursery had been canceled because of it. I wasn't about to lug around a 2 1/2 year old to classes in addition to the boy (he's heavy enough, thank you).

So we opted to go to church with my mom instead. Good choice! Two very nice talks were given and then all the women received a rose and some wildflower seeds to plant. I'm good with that. (I can't wait to plant them at our new house!!)

I gave all the mothers/grandmothers in our family some pictures of the kids:

(a HUGE thank you to my sister-in-law Jackie, who stayed up late before her trip to Disneyland to get these to me in time)

and we made dinner for my mom at our place. Audrey of course decided to throw the biggest fit of hysterics I have ever seen from her. Screaming, crying, kicking and pounding the floor. She wouldn't let me touch her, only Daddy would do. No idea why. And Nate was overtired, so he went down for a nap pretty soon after. They both slept for nearly three hours. Now THAT was an ideal Mother's Day gift!

Later on, Ammon helped Audrey with her colors, and this was the end result:


This is the stuff Mother's Day is made of. I love it!

And of course, I got another bit of coloring from my cute hubby:

yeah, it was a good day. ^_^

3 comments:

Safire said...

Yeah, my mother's day was less than stellar too. But at least your kids napped! :)

Hild Family said...

What cute drawings. I especially liked Ammon's because it brings back memories of when we were roomies and you two met. I believe we all called it back then- that you two would get married. Good thing you finally saw it too! :)

mom said...

Way too cute!! I love the drawings and the pics!! I understand how difficult it is to do so much in such a short period of time... we just purchased our first home, Preston's birthday was May 4th, Easton was born on May 6th, Mother's Day was May 10th, and our 10th Anniversary was May 12th. Not much happened here either... Happy Mother's Day to a great mom!!