Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Wish I Knew...

Every day, I hear something new come out of Audrey's mouth. This girl has been speaking in sentences for what seems like forever, but she always manages to surprise me, especially with her memory.

For the last couple of days, she wakes up in the morning or nap and asks me if she can see "baby Audrey with the chocolate." Took me a few times before I got it. She's referring to this picture:

taken when she was about 15 months old. (Chocolate pudding + bath tub = clean house)

Now that she's almost 3, she's picking up on a lot more, especially things she sees on TV. She only ever watches Playhouse Disney and PBS, so there's a few things that I have no idea where she got it from.

Her latest phrase? "But Mooommmmm!"

It's official, she's going to drive me crazy.

8 comments:

Liz said...

lol, I love reading about Audrey. Anna is just so much like your descriptions, I can always relate! Toddlers' memories are amazing, aren't they? Anna will randomly say things that amaze me too.

Love the picture of Audrey with chocolate! :)

The Bowldens said...

lol. sounds like kylee and audry have a lot in common. she reminds me of a younger version of kylee. looks like you have some more stuff comin to ya. sorry =(
i remember that picture, too! its been so long. it will almost be 2 years that i have been on MBR. can you believe it?
(the word verification that i have to type in is "beero" lol)

Hild Family said...

I have never thought of putting my babies in the tub to eat something messy. Very smart idea! She is too cute.

Marcie said...

If ony Audrey would eat that well now!! ( she may with chocolate pudding LOL)

She may drive you crazy--- because lets face it... she is so much like you! A spirited red-head. Nothing wring with that! LOL

Safire said...

Hehe...they are smart aren't they?? I am amazed daily at things that V remembers.

Great picture!

mom said...

Love that picture... it really is a face that only a mother can love!!

I understand the "new words" and concepts thing... while we were at the hospital last week, Aubrey told the nurse about something our dog had done. Then, she added... "but it wasn't malicious or anything'. Say what? I don't think I knew that word until 6th grade!

Kids do seem to "remember" things that have pictures of those moments, however, it is amazing what else they remember. Aubrey woke up the other day and asked me if I remembered the time she wiped excrement all over the little TV. How could I forget? But she wasn't even two... how could she remember? I was shocked.

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE! She looks just like you with that beautiful strawberry blonde hair! Love it! Kids say the cutest things!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable! She looks just like you did when you were a youngster! How could she not with that beautiful strawberry blonde hair! Love it!