Saturday, March 7, 2009

Trying to Catch Up

Not really looking forward to jumping an hour ahead here. I'm already running on less sleep as it is. But the ironic part is that I have gotten more sleep in the last two weeks since putting Nate into his own room at night. He doesn't wake up as much and in turn, we don't wake him up as much with all the tossing and turning and snoring (not me!) and deep breathing. I can't say much for our noisy neighbors, however. But that's another vent for another day.

But this week has been fairly low-key, with the exception of Nate's blessing last Sunday. I'm so glad it was such a nice day (before we got pelted with that random snowstorm!) and I'm grateful that the majority of both of our families were able to attend (with the exception of the sickies. Love you guys, but I'm glad you stayed away! ^_^) With both of our families combined, we had over 30 people come to our church meeting (thereby increasing the congregation by 50%) and then to our tiny apartment for a tasty brunch after.

This is the best picture I got of Nate, unfortunately. Having so many people around and making sure kids were not wandering around and getting everyone served made for a very difficult time in getting the pictures I really wanted, namely a family picture. Hopefully I'll be able to get some professional pictures taken soon by my fantastic sister-in-law.

Here's Audrey with a few of her cute cousins. The Friday night before we went down to Springville to see her oldest cousin in a school play. She was the lead as Beauty in Beauty and the Beast. I loved it, and though it looked like Audrey was tired, she took in the whole thing and loved it. The next day she was placing all of her stuffed animals on her pillow as their stage and having them act out different parts. She's now constantly talking about seeing her cousin on stage.
This is before she got tired and starting throwing tantrums. Isn't she cute?

Lots of people in a small space!

I did, however, manage to get a nice 4-generation picture with Ammon's grandmother, father, Ammon, and Nate.

3 comments:

Safire said...

Aww...he looks so grown up! Can't wait to see him this summer!

moi said...

I'm glad everything went well. He is getting so big. Those special days filled with family make it hard to do a photo shoot. It looks like everyone had fun!

Tammy said...

After we put Lily in her own room, she slept better too. I guess it was my "deep breathing' that kept waking her up....