I've been trying to find activities for Audrey to do that doesn't require being outside in the hot summer sun. (Waddling Mommy can't take the heat.) So this week, we went to the merry-go-round at the mall:




And she's been talking about it nonstop ever since. "Ride horsies more today? Ride bunny too? Ride peacock? (It was actually a dragon.)
Today, we met up with the inlaws and checked out the local aquarium. The local fish part wasn't so great ("ooh look, trout... and more trout. And even more trout!") but when we got to the marine life exhibit, well, that took the cake.

"Oooh, Nemo!"

"And Dory! Hi Dory!"

Checking out the tunnels with grandpa

And the result of all of this? A three-hour nap. How in the world did that happen, and what can I do to replicate it?
5 comments:
You lovely mommy! Audrey is so cute, and has a lot of your features. Those pictures on the "horsies" are gorgeous, both in the photography standpoint, and in the subject matter. I hope you are settled in and well. Miss ya...
We surprisingly had a lot of fun in the tiny aquarium. It took a lot to convince Aubrey to touch the ray, but she did it--she thought it felt slimy. I thought it felt like a wet portabello mushroom! Sounds like you guys are having fun. Take care.
We were just at the mall with the carousel the other day. I thought of you while we were there :)
LOVE the pigtails!!! :)
Next time you want to see fish you can just come to my house. It is free and I have just about as many as the aquarium...or so it seems.
Post a Comment