Wednesday, September 3, 2008

double take!

I thought I'd share my funny moment of the day. I put Audrey in her room around 4:30 this afternoon for some quiet time, for both her and me. Her one nap during the day is simply not long enough (90 minutes on the dot) and so she gets cranky right about the time we go pick Ammon up from work.

I put her in her room and said she could either lay down on the bed, or play with her toys and books. She wasn't happy about it, but I did it anyway. She screamed and wailed the entire time. Finally about 30 minutes later, I go and get her and she's sitting on the end of her bed, stark naked. Her clothes AND her diaper are in a pile on the floor. She looked at me and said "I wake up." (She never went to sleep, are you kidding me?) But I just bust up laughing at the sight of her sitting there with nothing on.

And no, she didn't have any accidents! Maybe there is a light at the end of the diaper tunnel.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is funny - a light at the end of the diaper tunnel -- you have a new tunnel beginning! Interesting story.