Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Big Girl Bed Part Deux

So I suppose the novelty of the new bed has worn off. The first two nights we tried it out, Audrey did great and slept in it all night with no problems. Night number three, she came into our room several times in the middle of the night (to my side, of course, since I wake up at the drop of a hat lately) and proclaimed, "I wake up."

Since then, it's been a battle to even get her to take a nap in it. Today it was "I can't do it," even when I told her she was a big girl and yes, she could. She finally went from two naps down to one shortly before we moved here (and I know what you're thinking, what took her so long?) and that was because she gets up so early in the morning (like 6:30) so she's worn out by 10 or 10:30. I've been trying to push it back to 11:30 so she'll take a longer nap and not be so cranky by the end of the day when Ammon gets home from work around 5. Some days it works, others, not so much.

So back into the crib she went. Thankfully Audrey won't have to give it up right away when Nathaniel is born (he'll be in the bassinet for a while) so we've still got several weeks to work on it. I guess it's just too much change for her all at once. I don't want her to be so overwhelmed, so I'm cutting back. At this point, all I can say is that I'm glad she's eating better. Less stress for mommy means happier family, right?

No comments: