Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! We hope you had a lovely weekend.

This was Audrey before church, at a lovely 8:30 a.m. At least someone in our family is a morning person. I like 9 am church, but lately I have issues getting out of bed before 8 or 8:30. (duh.) But I'm the one who has to pull everyone else out of bed, especially on Sundays when we have to be in the library.

Back to Easter! Audrey pulled candy out of our easter basket and begged us to open it for her, with her usual "mmm, nummies!" line. Ha! No such luck. I know better than to give her free reign on candy. Or at least I try.

When we got home from church (around noon), it was really nice outside, so I scattered some plastic eggs on the lawn and let Audrey wander around to pick them up. Once she realized there was something inside each egg (she did this by shaking it), she was off searching everywhere for more eggs!

And finally, Audrey discovered the prizes inside her eggs. It wasn't all candy, though. She also got stickers, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and two lift-the-flap books. The Easter Bunny was good to remember that there are other goodies besides candy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Audrey looks just adorable!! I love the shots of her looking for eggs.

Safire said...

She looks so cute in that beautiful dress! :)

Tristie hearts Dax said...

julia, she's darling! wow. last time i saw you was at your baby shower! looks like you are having a ball with that little girl!