Friday, October 30, 2009

I. am. so. done.

We were supposed to carve our Halloween pumpkin tonight, but Audrey threw, yet again, a fit over dinner. I even went out of the way and bought chicken noodle soup with princess shaped noodles AND took out every bit of carrot I could possibly see just to avoid the inevitable. Alas, my hard work was for naught.

So she went to bed early.

Nate happily ate her princess noodles (along with a boatload of other food) until he decided it looked better on the floor.

After the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, I decided I am DONE fighting her over eating. DONE. It's not worth the battle every night, and it doesn't seem to phase her in the least. From now on, I will be cooking for 3. She will sit at the table with us while the rest of us eat. If and when she decides to join in, there will be plenty for her.

But I have HAD it.

3 comments:

Safire said...

Ahhh...the breaking point. Welcome behind it! :)

Jenni said...

Yikes, I'm sorry you haven't a hard time getting Audrey to eat.

Rem eats what we eat unless if he is sick or its something we know he won't eat (like spicy food). I think each kid has there thing. Rem hates walking. We would much rather be carried. Blah!

Marcie said...

That is the right thing to do. You are a great mom, Julia. She will eat when she gets hungry. Many prayers for you!