First, purchase easy to put together gingerbread house in an after-Christmas sale. Spread ingredients on table and stand back for barrage of "what's that" questions.

Next, set up gingerbread house for basic decorating, while keeping busy little fingers out of the nasty-tasting royal icing.

Keep an eye on aforementioned busy and sneaky fingers around candy decorating pieces.

Add in one less than enthralled baby brother.

Don't forget shoddy bag of icing that even when transferred into another bag, gets all over the place.

And the end result:
2 comments:
Aw! Cute! And you are braver than I am. ;)
Your post made me smile (and chuckle). We made the simple gingerbread-type house with Graham Crackers on a small milk carton. Aubrey's house turned out beautiful, and we put it in her room to admire. An hour later, I went into her room and most of the candy had been eaten. Oh well... it was fun!
'Tis the holidays... we should enjoy them! Your house turned out super cute... you must have had more control over where the candy was placed than I did.
Post a Comment