Sunday, December 28, 2008

All I Want For Christmas is...

bottom teeth?
So Nate marked his first Christmas and 3 month birthday by popping a bottom tooth through. The other one is close behind. Early, you say? Yes, yes it is! I was hoping for a few more months of endless drooling and gummy grins before I have to fear being bitten.

Christmas Eve, I tried to figure out the best way to convey the real meaning of Christmas to a two-year-old, which is not an easy thing to do when all month I've been trying to help her understand who Santa is and what his purpose is. So we acted out the nativity story with my willow tree nativity set. We told her that Jesus was a very special baby and that he came to give us a special gift, which is why we give gifts to each other now. She enjoyed the animals the most, and tried to add in a few of her own.

Then Christmas morning and Santa came to our house...
Audrey got blocks and Color Wonder paper from Santa, and this kept her very busy during the morning while we made apple pancakes for breakfast and waited for Mimi and Papa (my parents) to come join us in opening presents. We let Audrey go first since we expected her to crash soon after with all the excitement (which she did not, surprisingly). She then helped everyone else open their presents. She got a lot of very nice things, but her favorite by far was her Little Einstein laptop. She would not let it out of her sight.


As for Nate, he got mostly clothes since he is growing very quickly into the next size. I'm guessing he's around 15-16 pounds at this point, though I won't know for sure until his next appointment in January. He also got a few toys that will make their way into his mouth but that I now have to keep out of his sister's hands. As long as they don't get in her mouth.

2 comments:

Safire said...

Wow, teeth!! That's amazing. I find the bottom ones are okay if they bite...it's when the top ones come in that really hurt! Ouch!

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun for Christmas. And your little guy is getting so big!

Liz and Dave said...

Looks like lots of fun.. Good luck with that teething... My son popped his first two teeth out at four months.