Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You've had a birthday, shout hooray!

Audrey turned two on Sunday, even though she's been acting like it for the past several months. We had her party on Saturday at my parents' house, seeing that there are still boxes everywhere at our place and I wouldn't want people to see its current state just yet. It was just a small get together, which was much better than a huge blowout. I'll save that for future parties.

We decided to get her a play kitchen this year, because she's so big into pretending. We were right, she has been playing with it non stop and it hasn't even been a week yet. "Audee's kitchen! Thanks daddy!" was her reply when she saw it. Best thing of all, it doesn't make any obnoxious noises!

So then come all the accessories. Play food, dishes, cups, utensils, etc. But it's better than playing with our real ones.
Ooh!Yep, they work.
And then there was the cake. I totally wanted to make a Toodles cake for Audrey (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), but with the move and being 30 weeks pregnant, it just didn't happen. So I relied on the local bakery. I got a Minnie Mouse cake shaped out of cupcakes, which was a great idea, except for breaking the head apart is apparently very traumatic to a recently turned two-year old.
But she was able to recover quickly enough to ask for more birthday song and to blow out the candle twice more. Nothing like a perfect photo op!

It's amazing to look back at her 1st birthday pictures and see where she is now. This upcoming year will be full of changes!

5 comments:

Safire said...

Hooray! Looks like you had a great time!

Jenni said...

Aww looks like fun! I kinda want to get Rem a play kitchen. Its probably too girly though, huh?

Hild Family said...

What a cutie! She is soooo much like my Haylie! But I guess that's what happens when you're the same age and same gender! Looks like she had a fun birthday. Way to go you for putting all that together with all the recent events and pregnancy!

Liz and Dave said...

Thanks Julia for recommending that book to me.... I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia. So, yes my glucose is high. I have to go back to the doctors in three months and see how it is. I will have to see if I can get it at he library. I was wondering if I could get your e-mail... e-mail me at lizstamper@gmail.com

mom said...

Happy Birthday Audrey! What a neat post... the kitchen looks like a lot of fun!