Well, we're all moved in. Boxes are everywhere and things are in various forms of organized and unorganized chaos (depending on where you are in the house, of course).
Work is awesome. I love my job. When I first interviewed with the District, I thought for sure I had botched the whole thing. The District Manager asked me why I wanted to work for them and I flat out said that it was because they are more laid back than working for a firm. We then spent the remaining 30 minutes of the interview defining "laid back".
In any case, they liked me enough to give me the job and I'm glad they did. I enjoy being on the management side of things. For example, I am currently managing a project where I put together a scope of work and then put out a request for bids. The firms then put together these bids and submit them for my review and then I decide what is in the best interest of the District.
The job is very relaxed, which is really what I had meant by laid back in the interview. There are no secretaries to deal with as the District is pretty small. There is always something to do (usually multiple things), which allow for a wide variety of activities throughout the day.
Audrey is enjoying moving in. She's felt displaced the last month due to packing and that has led to some behavioral issues. She'll be two years old on Sunday, which is just crazy.
In any case, we're excited to live closer to our friends in the Orem/Provo area. Logan was the perfect location for us as it was inbetween both of our families. Now we live closer to Julia's family (6 miles from her folks), but we're now 3 1/2 hours from my family. I've got to get used to the traffic and street layout too. At this point, I can get to one shopping center, work, and Julia's parents' house.
being a stay at home mom
9 years ago
1 comment:
It's sad to realize that when I'm coming back to Logan, so many people are leaving and so much has changed. It's only been a year, but... a lot can happen in that time.
I'm glad for you guys, though--new job and place. I'll miss visiting, though! I'll have to find some excuse to come down that way and find a way to do it. :) Hope everything goes well.
Post a Comment