Thursday, June 12, 2008

We're Moving!

First of all, AAAHHHHH!

It is so nice for Ammon to finally have a solid job offer. The Metropolitan Water District of Salt Lake and Sandy called this morning and offered him a position as a project engineer. This is right up his alley and he is so excited about it. We will be moving to Cottonwood Heights/Sandy, where I grew up and my parents still reside.

Now the new stress begins: packing up and moving to a place we probably won't get to see in person before we actually move. Paying twice as much in rent isn't going to be a picnic either. We're going to have to rent for the first little while, cause I just don't see it being feasible for us to try to buy with next to nothing in savings and such little time to do it. (If it can be done, then please please share your secret!)

Obviously, I can't do any heavy lifting, so the bulk of the work is going to be up to Ammon, but I can do the packing, not to mention running after a two-year-old terror. Oh, this means new doctors, insurance, transferring a whole long list of information... none of which I can actually do until I have a new address. I'm excited to have a final place to live, at least for the next 5-10 years. I've lived in Logan for 8 years, and we've been married for 5, so this will be the first real move for our family.

Pardon me as I become overwhelmed!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

That is AWESOME news!!!!! If you need any help, let us know.

Adi said...

Let me find our which days Dan has off and we'll come up to help with the move. ^_^

Maybe two two-year-olds will be able to entertain each other so you won't have to do as much chasing. ^_^

Marcie said...

YAY you're going home!!!! It's going to be strange, isn't it?? I'm so happy for you and Ammon!!

mom said...

WooHoo! Way to go Ammon... it may seem like a lot to worry about right now, but this is the start to the rest of your lives. Having grandma and grandpa nearby will be such a luxury that any initial financial stress will seem minimal. I know that I don't live that close, but please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Safire said...

yay you are moving! I'm coming to slc in aug...can we meet up?