Sunday, June 22, 2008

Prelude to the First Longest Week Ever

Ammon left about 30 minutes ago for Salt Lake to start his new job tomorrow, leaving me and Audrey on our own for the next five days. This will be a very interesting week, seeing that her usual routine has gone kaput from the craziness of packing. In just that time alone I've had to rescue a book with a newly torn page, and now she's eating pretzels and watching Winnie the Pooh. Hope that doesn't make me a bad mom! I just don't want to lose my patience with her, because she's recently learned the art of pushing her limits and selective hearing.

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope this week goes smoothly and that you love your new place!

mom said...

You'll be just fine. Play some quiet music when you feel yourself starting to get "hot and bothered" and remember that it is okay to "have a moment". I think that using TV for a quiet time is NOT a bad thing. Best of luck!

Marcie said...

(((((hugs)))) for the long week. Her craziness is nothing that a little Benedryl couldn't handle... I'm just saying...