Thursday, May 8, 2008

Well, I'm officially a graduate. Kinda.

I turned in my thesis and successfully defended. The problem is that my final draft still has yet to be approved by my major professor, who is extremely busy and won't get to it until next week. That puts me past the graduation deadline. So, even though I'll be done and everyone will know it, I won't actually have my paperwork until August. Ho hum.

On the job front, I'm becoming slightly embittered. I have received six "You seem qualified, but we just don't need you right now" replies and one "We decided to go with someone else." I know the job market has been bad, but Civil Engineering is still a highly desired field. I've been told throughout my entire collegiate experience that I would be snatched right up by some company right out of college. Now I'm the only one in my graduating class to not already have a job. I know something will come and I'm willing to be patient, it just gets a tad frustrating at times.

In similar news, I just applied to several jobs in the area. One application took me four hours to complete.

5/9 EDIT: Well, the school somehow managed to lose all record of my taking the CIL (computer proficiency) exams that are required to graduate. Turns out that I've got more than one reason I won't be graduating until the summer.

No comments: