Alright, so I finally got the last of graduation out of the way today. I should have been able to take part in commencement back at the beginning of the month, but the school really made quite a mess of my portfolio.
1) They lost the results for my CIL (computer literacy) tests. When I approached them about it, they called me a liar and stated I had never taken them.
2) My major professor went to Hawaii for two weeks. This was before he had signed the final draft of my thesis (let alone approved it). Additionally, he gave away my graduation paperwork.
They don't seem to bad written down, but there were many, many hoops to jump through to take care of each of these. My major professor got back in to town today, so I got his signature and went to turn my thesis in for binding. Even though I was told on the phone that they accept cards, the woman there told me they didn't. Odd considering there was a card reader sitting right next to her computer. I walked to the other end of campus and pulled some money out of the ATM to pay that off.
After paying, I then walked back across campus to turn my receipt into the graduate office. Then I went back to the engineering building (lots of back and forth) and found out that I wasn't going to be able to graduate for Spring. I called the grad office and threw a fit. Thankfully, they relented and so I graduated on May 2nd. This is when I found out about the paperwork I was missing. I headed back to work to talk to my major professor only to find he didn't have the paperwork and had ended up giving it to another student. I drove back to the graduate office, got new paperwork and filled it out only to find I had another fee to pay.
As I went to pay the fee, I was abruptly stopped and told they wouldn't accept my debit card either. I went back to the ATM, paid my fee, and turned in the paperwork.
Now I just have to sit back and wait for my bound thesis and diplomas. In the meantime, I'm job hunting - a task made very difficult thanks to the ineptitude at the university. Hopefully come Monday it won't be as hard as my transcript will show that both degrees have been awarded.
being a stay at home mom
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment