
Audrey was playing with the vertical blinds (HATE those things, btw) in our bedroom this morning, when I saw a flash of bright green outside. I rescued the blinds from Audrey's grip and saw this little fellow in the neighbor's yard. He hung out for nearly 10 minutes before flying off. Our neighborhood is built on marshland out here, so it's not surprising that we get some visitors now and then. The adjacent cornfield has seen several flocks of seagulls and Canadian geese taking rest, and as it warms up, I'm sure we'll be hearing the cranes and crows again. Then later in the summer, we'll have tiny little frogs jumping up from the marshes. I just want to avoid the ants and spiders. Oh, and the mice. These are not a few of my favorite things.

But this is one of my most favorite things. Audrey may be a little busybody, but she can be really cute when she does it. Don't know why she suddenly latched on to a binky, because she never used one as a baby, but here she is, using her "colors" on a easy to reach cardboard box. She prefers this over a blank sheet of paper.
1 comment:
We love ordering stuff from Lands End Kids for the purpose that their boxes have huge coloring pictures on the inside. And you get mice? Yuck!
Post a Comment