Saturday, November 24, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Date!

One of the things I really enjoy about being a dad is sharing my hobbies and interests with the children and seeing them take a real interest in them.

Audrey is our little gamer at this point. Nathan wants to be, but hasn't figured out the coordination just yet, but he does have fun playing Skylanders on occasion. Audrey on the other hand has taken my DS and has a small collection of games for it, the Wii, and the PS3. So when Julia and I went to Video Games Live last year, Audrey was pretty jealous. We bought the concert bluray, which Audrey enjoys watching. We kept our eye on the VGL site to see when the next Salt Lake concert would be held to take Audrey.

Unfortunately, Salt Lake wasn't on the docket this year. Idaho Falls, on the other hand, was. With the grandparents nearby, we thought it would work so we picked up tickets (and I could hang out with a few friends I haven't seen in years).

So between August and November our house was filled with anticipation. Audrey and I were packed and ready to go for a few days. Nate joined us on the drive at the last minute to give Julia peace.


Seated and waiting for the show to start.


Audrey had far too many sweets during the day and she knew it, so when her uncle came back with root beer instead of the water that was requested she was a bit anxious about drinking it. She ended up with a tummy ache and sat on my lap for the majority of the show.


This CD has been on repeat in Audrey's room for the past week.


Idaho Falls was quite a small venue. I'm surprised they performed here.

The concert was great. Audrey's favorite pieces were Mario, Sonic, and Pokemon, though she also perked up at a few others. It was a lot of fun to spend that time with her. She's already asked when the next concert will be.

No comments: