Since I chose to do the induction, I had to wait til the
hospital called me. That was a very long morning, lol. Finally they
called around 11:30 and said to come within the hour. Audrey was already
at school, so we took Nathan off to a neighbor's house and away we
went.
I was a bundle of nerves about doing the induction again because it felt a little out of my control. Turns out I didn't have to worry because I was already at a 3 and pretty much ready to go. Phew! My doctor came in and broke my water and then I started feeling the contractions. I got the IVs in and after a few hours of contractions decided to get the epidural. This time it was not quite as awesome as the one I had with Nathan. I felt nothing on the right side but had this surging ball of pain on the left. While I was getting that put in, the smell or the sight of the meds must have really gotten to Ammon because he started looking pale and woozy. Turns out he hadn't eaten at all that morning (a bad habit of his). I immediately sent him off to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I got flavored ice chips, but I was fine with that because I lived on slurpees this summer.
After chatting with the nurse for a bit I asked her to get the anesthesiologist back in to see if he could fix the dose. He did and oh, that helped! It's really quite strange to get your leg moved and not being the one to do the moving.
As I was laying there reading, it was my turn to feel sick. I've never felt like I was going to throw up during labor before, but Ammon grabbed the garbage can and up came the cherry ice. The nurse came back in just then to check me and said surprisingly, "oh, you're complete!" It had been about 5 hours since we came in. She had to call the doctor to come from home (thankfully he lived close by) and by the time he got there, I was ready to push. It felt very strange using my stomach muscles again. Three pushes later, out came Samuel weighing in at 8 lbs, 3 oz, my smallest and earliest baby. If I had waited another week, there's no doubt he would have been over 9 pounds. No jaundice issues either, which is a huge relief.
I was a bundle of nerves about doing the induction again because it felt a little out of my control. Turns out I didn't have to worry because I was already at a 3 and pretty much ready to go. Phew! My doctor came in and broke my water and then I started feeling the contractions. I got the IVs in and after a few hours of contractions decided to get the epidural. This time it was not quite as awesome as the one I had with Nathan. I felt nothing on the right side but had this surging ball of pain on the left. While I was getting that put in, the smell or the sight of the meds must have really gotten to Ammon because he started looking pale and woozy. Turns out he hadn't eaten at all that morning (a bad habit of his). I immediately sent him off to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I got flavored ice chips, but I was fine with that because I lived on slurpees this summer.
After chatting with the nurse for a bit I asked her to get the anesthesiologist back in to see if he could fix the dose. He did and oh, that helped! It's really quite strange to get your leg moved and not being the one to do the moving.
As I was laying there reading, it was my turn to feel sick. I've never felt like I was going to throw up during labor before, but Ammon grabbed the garbage can and up came the cherry ice. The nurse came back in just then to check me and said surprisingly, "oh, you're complete!" It had been about 5 hours since we came in. She had to call the doctor to come from home (thankfully he lived close by) and by the time he got there, I was ready to push. It felt very strange using my stomach muscles again. Three pushes later, out came Samuel weighing in at 8 lbs, 3 oz, my smallest and earliest baby. If I had waited another week, there's no doubt he would have been over 9 pounds. No jaundice issues either, which is a huge relief.
| alert little boy! |
| skyping with the kids at home with mimi and papa |
| meeting their new baby brother |
| coming home from the hospital |
So far, all he wants to do is eat and sleep, preferably on me. He does not like being put down elsewhere. The kids adore him. Nathan says "awww, he's so cute!" at least 5 times a day. Audrey is a very good helper, and I feel bad that she got shoved off to school right as this happened, but we'll be off track in September and that will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment