Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blog return and Easter

No, I haven't abandoned the blog. Last time I tried to upload pictures, it kept timing out on me, so in my frustration, I just gave up for a while. I have some catching up to do (for many many reasons) so never fear, you will be seeing updates again! For starters, let's show off a little Easter!

This is Nathan's basket. The Easter Bunny and I tried to scale back on the candy this year, since they don't need that much sugar. Somehow, my husband got the kids hooked onto this new video game called Skylanders. You place different characters on a "magic portal" and you can control them within the game. Apparently there's 32 of them, with more waves to come. (Hello, clever marketing!) Thanks to a poster that came with the game, both kids know all of the names. Any new figures are earned with coins and the Treasure Box. (And now I'm a little tired of hearing which one they want next).

Here's Audrey's basket. Along with her Skylander, she's big into Squinkies. I so totally don't even get the purpose of these tiny rubber toys, but she loves them.

Audrey's Easter dress. She picked this out all on her own. I tried to make her hair curly with sponge curlers but the moment I took them out it fell pretty flat. I need some industrial strength hair spray or something.
And speaking of industrial strength, you won't believe how much stuff I have to put in Nathan's hair to get it to stay this way. He gets some awesome bedhead in the days after I apply it. I'm also very surprised I got a picture of him facing the camera with a smile. Between shots it was all scowls and "NO! I don't WANT to smile!"

Sure, then I get the GQ pose. Silly kids.

After church, we set up a little egg hunt in the backyard. Nathan said we were "going Eastering."



She was excited to show off her haul.

He showed his off after much coaxing.



We had a very lovely Easter weekend, complete with a traditional dinner (ham, potatoes, etc) plus some meatloaf for Ammon (not a ham fan). We invited my parents over since they are currently up to their necks in moving into a new home (more on that later).

The biggest surprise came at church, however. In Sacrament Meeting they suddenly called out Ammon's name to accept a new calling -- but no one had told us about it! Normally the leaders call the person a few days beforehand to tell them about the calling and ask if we would accept. Somehow, all the leaders thought someone else had taken care of it! So now, Ammon is an assistant ward clerk for our ward. He's quite happy to have a calling again, even if it came as a surprise.