so... I had a rather interesting morning.
Kids were eating breakfast, I was starting the laundry... then suddenly all of the smoke alarms go off at the same time. This went on for about 5 minutes straight, then they stopped. Then started up again.
I called Ammon, who told me to call the non-emergency line to the Fire Department. That lady told me to call 911 and get out of the house.
Commence freaking out.
It was strange, I was panicking to a point where I didn't want to call. But I did, and they also told me to get out of the house.
So I'm still freaking out and I called my SIL to ask her if we can come over. I'm surprised she could understand me over the phone cause I couldn't control my emotions.
Just as we were about to leave the house, the fire truck pulls up, and four very nice firefighters come in. They checked the house thoroughly for smoke and for carbon monoxide, and found nothing. They came to the conclusion it was the batteries and since all of the alarms are linked together, if one goes off they all go off.
Everything's okay now, and I'm calmed down now. Ammon's going to buy a huge pack of 9V batteries and a ladder so we can reach the really high alarm in the kitchen.
And Nathan got to stare at a really big fire truck.
being a stay at home mom
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment