Nathan has taken no time to roll right on in to the terrible twos and hasn't seemed to give us a respite since. His favorite words are now "no" and "nope." The fact that he's big for his age and has the vocabulary of a 5-year-old seems to exacerbate the problem as we find we have little to no patience for his antics (he looks and sounds older, why doesn't he understand?).
This evening our church congregation is having a chili cook-off. I love chili. Julia took Audrey because Nathan was being too two to get his diaper changed and clothes on. So instead he is staying home with me. So far, he has opened his full sippy cup and poured the water on my lap, gotten into Audrey's puzzles and dumped all of the pieces onto the floor, dragged his toys across the wall, and unfolded the laundry. In the case of the puzzles, I asked him not to open the container when I saw him playing with it and he ignored me, so I raised my voice a bit and he still ignored me. Then I went and took the container away and got a "Hey! No. You give that back." o_O
So yeah, I'm a little frustrated with the boy right now. He knows what he's doing though and when he sees we're getting mad, he'll come give us a hug. Can't for the life of me to get him to say "sorry" though.
In related news, when asked what he wants to be for Halloween, the boy will unalterably state "A seahorse."
being a stay at home mom
9 years ago
2 comments:
i'm having the same issues with my son who is 2 1/2. hes older, but just doesnt understand.
Ha-ha! I remember that stage well. Just wait until he gets the eye-roll going.
Post a Comment