And then the kids discovered the water fountain could be made into a water gun. We had a heck of a time pulling them away from here.One picture you will not find here is that of the baking contest. This sounded fun to me, so I whipped up a brownie pie to enter. I baked it in a different dish rather than my usual glass dish because I didn't want to worry about it getting broken. When we got to the park, I took it over to the table to get it ready and sliced it up so people could taste it. It was undercooked in the middle. I. WAS. MORTIFIED. I left it on the table anyway, knowing it would be ignored, but I didn't know what to do with it otherwise. I will never use a metal pie tin to cook a brownie pie again.
Dinner was pretty tasty, though I was frustrated with the lack of fruit and veggies to complement it. (One cannot live on meat and potatoes forever.) A small storm rolled in just as we were all sitting down for dinner under the pavilion, so we were safe from the rain.
Thanks to the storm, we saw this on our way home:
1 comment:
Fun day! V went through a sharing playground equipment phase too. She got out of it, and now won't play on the playground unless there is someone there to "play with". Strange things these girls do!
Post a Comment