Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Audrey's 3rd Birthday

It's been a very busy two weeks, but we are all moved in to our new house! (Finding things is another story, but that's for another post...)

Audrey celebrated her third birthday last week. I can't believe she's 3!


One...


Two...


Three!

We had her party a few days before the actual day because MOVING DAY was happening on her birthday, and I didn't want her to be overlooked in the midst of all the chaos. We moved just before her birthday last year, and I am DONE with moving. Especially in July.

Audrey is a whirlwind of emotion and information. She has a fantastic memory, especially if there's something she wants. Unfortunately she usually wants something in the form of a treat, which is not often because of her volatile three-year-old temper. She is very good at screaming and pulling the limp fish mode on me when she doesn't get her way. First born redhead is a double whammy! I know being stubborn will serve her much better when she is older, it's just very difficult to handle right now.

She is very good with her little brother, and she will help feed him in her own way. Yesterday she gave him the crusts off her grilled cheese and he devoured them. He adores her and will call to her ("Aaaaa! Aaaaa!") throughout the house when he can't see her. They play together in the tub all the time and will help me by bringing me his diapers and other items when I ask. She is a good listener (most of the time) and repeats things that I say to her dolls. ("That wasn't very nice, you need to go to time out.")

Despite all the frustrations I have with her, she is very loving and sweet. She will randomly come up to me and give me kisses and tickles. She is my little miracle girl that I dreamed about, and I am so very glad that I have her.

1 comment:

Safire said...

She is one cute little girl! :) I can't believe it's been 3 years already.