Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here We Go Again

One year later, we're packing up and moving again. Only this time I'm not 6 months pregnant (phew!) or scrambling to find a place to live in less than two weeks. I still miss Logan like crazy, but knowing this move is going to be the last one for a very long time makes up for a little of that.

Yes, we FINALLY closed on our house last week! It was a long and drawn-out process, but thanks to an uber awesome realtor, we got everything in and signed at the last minute. (I have no love for lazy underwriters, however.) We still have to wait an extra 30 days because the sellers requested to rent back so they could get their ends in order, so this is a good lesson in being patient (my trial in life, I swear).

But I am SOOO excited, I can't even tell you! No more sharing walls, no more being cooped up in this tiny condo, no more being woken up in the middle of the night by the neighbor's jetted tub! It'll be heaven! We'll have a front yard, a BACKYARD (with swingset!), a full-sized garage, and a room just for the toys! There's a laundry room, a storage room, and a nice big kitchen. All the things boxed up in the basement now will finally have a place. Hooray!


Thinking back to a year ago, it was hard enough trying to pack everything up with one child underfoot, but now I've got two and it involves several flights of stairs. Audrey also takes it upon herself to be 'helpful' and lead her little brother into all sorts of precarious situations. Nate loves his big sister, but we keep telling the girl that when he's big enough and starts walking, we're just going to look the other way when he starts whalloping on her.

But speaking of Audrey... she's potty-trained! She's still the most stubborn girl ever, but we finally got past the #2 in the panties and now she's even dry at night! Of course, we're not above bribery around here, so it takes copious amounts of stickers, fruit snacks, suckers, and duplos, but it finally happened. I just hope we don't have a huge regression during the move.

5 comments:

Camille said...

Very cute! Where is it?

Patty and Kevin said...

Hooray! That's great news!

moi said...

Congratulations! What a cute home. The fenced in backyard looks fantastic. Hang in there with the move.

mom said...

Congratulations!!

Marcie said...

SO jealous!!