I was getting used to Audrey losing teeth. In fact, on the last occasion she left a dollar and a hair clip for the Tooth Fairy, who we discovered goes by the name of Petunia.
But I wasn't ready for Nathan's turn. After all, he's only 4. I discovered his loose tooth by accident one night while I was helping him floss. (Trying to be a better mother, you know.) He didn't know it was loose either until I said something. Audrey on the other hand, has been aware of each loose tooth and runs around the house hyperventilating any time I mention trying to wiggle it out.
So last night while waiting for Ammon to get home and wrangling the baby
and trying to get dinner ready at the same time, Audrey and Nathan were chasing each other around the house and wrestling each other on the floor. Nathan ran by me at one point and I noticed a dark shadow in his mouth.
"Nathan, where's your tooth?"
He clasped his hands over his mouth and ran back upstairs to the kitchen floor where they had been wrestling and thankfully, it was still there.
I'm not too overly surprised that he lost his tooth this early because he got them when he was 3 months old. They don't go back to the dentist until May so I'll hear what the dentist has to say about it then.
Oh, and I'm being reminded that the Tooth Fairy brought him a dollar and an eagle action figure (that goes with his castle he got at Christmas). He tells everyone about it the first chance he gets.
being a stay at home mom
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment