Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday Fun

I promised a recap on my birthday (yeah, three weeks ago), so here we go!

Ammon was kind enough to come home early from work that day because I had some places to go and it was easier to do it sans kids. My mother retired from her job on the same day so I ran over to her workplace to help say goodbye, but it turns out they did that the day before. So while I was out and about, Ammon and the kids set to making my birthday cake. I asked for chocolate -- who wouldn't?

Wellll, the first cake didn't exactly turn out. So we set aside the scraps and made a new one from scratch.


The kids deemed the first cake still quite edible.

He also took the kids over to the party store to pick out balloons and decorations. I loved it all.

I also got some pretty awesome presents. Audrey picked out some metallic purple nail polish (but "I can't put it on her nails 'til she's 6" so she tells me) and a manicure kit. Little girl knows her mama well.

Ammon gave me Lark Rise to Candleford season 4, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (NERD ALERT!) and a very fun apron. I'd been wanting a cuter one for ages.

So now that I am firmly into my 30s, it was a very good day. Much better than last year's, which involved a funeral!

No comments: